Thursday, January 31, 2013

Simple and Pretty Bench


This is one of those projects that I'd put off, but now that it's done, I wish I'd done it months ago.  It only took me a few hours for paint, wax and a slipcover.


 The end result is so simple and pretty.
 
 Here it is in all it's previous glory.   It is so versatile and has been all around our house, but I had kept throws over it to hide it.  It's great in the hall, at the foot of the bed, subbing as a coffee table, or at the breakfast table.
 
Now it will be much prettier as it moves around.
 
I used Annie Sloan Country Grey and Old White, with a coat of clear wax and then a coat of dark wax.
 
I pulled some trusty drop cloth out to make the slipcover. 
 
Its just one piece for the top, piping and a knife pleat ruffle.
 
Sweet and Simple.
 
Linking up to
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the little slipcover. Makes such an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the makeover! It is so cute with that slipcover! Looks great!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete