Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cabinet Makeover



I bought this little table a few years back at Home Goods. The lines are sweet, but I was over the baby blue.  Not to mention the top was ruined.

 
before
 
 
  
after


Using paint I had on hand, I painted the whole piece in Annie Sloan Country Grey, and then used Old White on the details.

 
I distressed a little and applied clear wax.
 
 
 
I love how it looks with the cymbidium orchid and the marble tile on the fireplace.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now I have a small cabinet for the family room and a place to put cards and games!
 
 
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love your color choices, my favorite!

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece! The detail is so pretty with the colors you chose. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful. I love this two toned french look. I did a really similar thing on a french armoire. This little cabinet of yours is really beautiful - love those scrolls on the door.
    cheers Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so pretty! Love the colors and the distressing.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful--I love how you brought out all the details. beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love this!
    The details are gorgeous and the paint colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet and I love the details. I'd love for you to share this at Silver Pennies Sundays if you get a chance - http://www.findingsilverpennies.com/2013/02/silver-pennies-sundays-link-party_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful transformation. Love the colors. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wanted to let you know your settings are a no reply blogger. You can change that in your account. It will make it easier for people to comment back to you. Can't wait to see what you paint paris grey!

    ReplyDelete