Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chalk Paint Test Piece

 
 
 
When I set up my french armoire and it was time to start painting, I got a little nervous since I hadn't used Chalk Paint before.
 
So I pulled out this old table and decided to test the three colors I'd bought:  ASCP Coco, Country Grey and Old White.  For those of you unfamiliar with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, the great thing about it is that there is no sanding, priming or prepping, even for this table; look at the lacquer and shine on the top of this desk! 

 before

after

 
The great thing about testing out paint on a table I was otherwise going to throw away is that I had the guts to do a little decorative design on the front. 
 
 
 
I like how it turned out but I don't really have a place for it in my house.  Right now it is in a little corner near the TV.
 
Playing with the styling to try to make it functional and pretty.
 
 
Not sure if I will keep it, but I liked the freedom of painting without worrying about how it turned out.  It's something I need to remember for all my projects!
 
Linking up to
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment